Friday, November 8, 2013

The BIG countdown is coming to an end!

Wow! I can't believe that I am leaving for Barcelona in 2 days! I have been thinking about this trip for months. I can hardly believe that it it finally approaching.

I am a big ball of emotions right now. I am so excited that it is finally here! I am sad to be leaving the teachers and sweet students at Oakland Elementary.  You don't realize how attached you will get to get students in such a short amount of time. I am nervous that I will forget to bring something important or do something that offends their culture. I am worried that I will get homesick because this is the longest period of time I will have ever been away from my family and friends. I definitely don't want to say goodbye to my parents, sister, and fiancĂ©. I am happy to finally fulfill my dream of traveling to Europe! I feel like I am on a roller coaster of emotions right now.

I am a bit overwhelmed with trying to pack my suitcase and keep it under the 50 pound limit. I have to constantly ask myself, "Do I really need this?" and "Can I buy this there?" I will have my fingers crossed that my suitcase meets the limit. #problemsofahabitualoverpacker

No comments:

Post a Comment