Friday, November 29, 2013

Barca, Barca, Baaaarrrrrrcccccaaaaa!


I am a little behind on posts so I am going to try to check up on some things that I have done!

Last weekend, I went to the FC Barcelona soccer game against Grenada.  It was seriously the most fun I have ever had at a sporting event. The soccer stadium is about a 20 minute walk from my house. Shannon, Brittany, and I left a few hours early and luckily we did. Almost 100,000 people all trying to get to the same place is hectic. It was a massive sea of people dressed in navy blue, red, and yellow! We finally approached the stadium and it is completely breathtaking. I knew it was the largest European soccer stadium, but it is hard to imagine just how big it was. 

It is simply impossible to get a good photo from the outside. However, the inside was easier and quite frankly more astonishing!





We got lucky and found 3 seats next to each other in a really good location. Slowly, the stadium started to fill up and you could feel the energy starting to rise. I had never been so excited in my life! 

The game finally started and it was the most exciting two hours of my life. The game kicked off with Barca's song that everyone sang and clapped along. The song definitely amplified the energy and helped get things started. The game was intense and the crowd was even more intense. Though I didn't see a fight in the crowd, a player was ejected from the game in a dramatic fashion! I wish I could upload videos to show some of the crowd's reactions! They were priceless. There is no denying how loyal and the level of compassion that Barca fans have about their team! Though the game was intense, Barca won 4-0. In soccer world, I suppose that is considered an easy win, but the crowd never faltered. You would have thought it was a tied game the entire time. I would love to see a game against their rival, Real Madrid. I bet that would be unbelievably crazy! I couldn't believe how fast the game ended. I didn't realize that it was over, it only felt like halftime! At the end of the game, everyone walked in the street (which was not closed off to traffic), but no one seemed to have a care in the world! I couldn't stop smiling and talking about for the rest of the night.

I am now and will forever be a Barca fan. 












No comments:

Post a Comment